If you already have a spreadsheet with guests’ names and info, you can upload it to Zola to build your guest list in minutes.
First, make sure to follow the formatting tips below, so we can seamlessly upload your spreadsheet.
- Enter individual guests on their own row.
- Enter guests and their plus ones or family members on the same row if you’d like to invite them as a group.
- Split addresses into separate columns for street address, city, state, and zip code.
Your spreadsheet must also be saved as a .csv (comma-separated values) file. You can easily do this in Excel or Google Sheets.
- Excel: Click “File,” then “Save As…,” then select “Comma Separated Values (.cvs) in the dropdown next to “File Format” or “Save as type.”
- Google Sheets: Click “File,” then “Download,” then “Comma-separated values (.cvs, current sheet).”
When ready, head to “Guest List” and click the “Upload Spreadsheet” button in the top right corner of your screen. Then click “Upload Spreadsheet” again in the window that pops up.
Once your guests are added to your guest list, you can edit their info anytime. You can also categorize guests by their “Relationship to You” (like “Your Wedding Party” or “Your Partner’s Wedding Party”), send anyone a quick link to collect missing addresses, mark guests as “Definitely” or “Maybe” invited, and more.
Creating a spreadsheet from scratch? Save time and download our template to get started or use it as a reference. Here’s a breakdown of what goes in each column—all of which are optional except for the primary guest’s name.
- Name (Required): Enter the primary guest’s first and last name.
- Plus One: If you’re allowing the primary guest to bring a plus one, enter “Yes,” “Y,” or the plus one’s name here. If not, enter “No,” “N,” or leave this blank.
- Email Address: Enter the primary guest’s email here. (We recommend adding this if you don’t have their mailing address, so you can email them a link to fill out our handy form.)
- Phone Number: Enter the primary guest’s phone number here. (We recommend adding this if you don’t have their mailing address, so you can text them a link to fill out our handy form.)
- Street Address 1: Enter the primary guest’s mailing address.
- Street Address 2: If necessary, enter additional address info for the primary guest (eg. suite number, apartment number, floor number, etc.).
- City: Enter the city in the primary guest’s mailing address.
- State/Region: Enter the state in the primary guest’s mailing address.
- Postal Code: Enter the zip code in the primary guest’s mailing address.
- Additional Guest 1: If you’d like to invite another person in addition to your primary guest and their plus one as a group (like a family member), add their name here.
- Additional Guest 2: If you’d like to invite a second additional guest, add their name here.
You can add or remove as many columns as you want before you upload. You can also rename any of the columns in the first row. However, make sure you start your guest list in the second row.
Still have questions? We’re more than happy to help. Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1 (408) 657-ZOLA (9652).