If you add gifts from other stores to your Zola registry, you can choose between two ways for your guests to get it for you:
(1) Get the cash equivalent of the gift (recommended): If you select this option, guests will check out on Zola.com and receive confirmation from Zola of their gift purchase. You’ll receive the cash value of this gift and be able to track this purchase in your gift tracker. It will also be marked as purchased on your registry. A few things to keep in mind if you choose this option:
- The gift will be eligible to be marked as a “Group Gift,” so guests can contribute what they wish.
- If a guest gifts you the cash equivalent for the gift, you can purchase it whenever or use that cash towards something else you want. It’s your cash :)
- The gift will effectively be treated as a cash fund and will be subject to a 2.5% credit card processing fee. This is the lowest fee of any registry out there and is charged by credit card companies to safely collect and transfer money online. We do not take anything. You can choose to let guests pay this fee or absorb it on their behalf in your account settings. For more on cash funds, visit this page.
- If you opt for guests to pay the 2.5% credit card processing fee, this will show up as a “handling charge” when your guest checks out on Zola.com.
(2) Direct your guests to purchase the gift from the other store’s website: If you select this option, your guests will check out on the other store’s website. We will provide your guests with your shipping address that they can enter during the checkout process if they wish. A few things to keep in mind if you choose this option:
- This gift cannot be marked as a “Group Gift.”
- When your guest is directed to the other store’s website, we’ll “reserve” this gift on your registry until we confirm if your guest bought it. That way, no two guests will try to buy you the same gift.
- If your guest confirms they bought the item, we’ll notify you, mark the gift as purchased on your registry, and send you a confirmation email.
- If a guest buys the gift, it will be shipped directly from the other website and you won't be able to control when you receive the shipment.
- You will not be able to return, exchange, or redeem the cash value of this gift at Zola.
- You cannot use Zola store credit to purchase this gift.
To add a gift from another store, visit this page.