When you add gifts from other stores, you can choose between two ways for guests to get it for you:
(1) Get the cash equivalent of this gift (recommended): If you select this option, the gift will effectively be treated as a cash fund and will be subject to a 2.4% credit card processing fee. This is the lowest fee of any registry out there and is charged by credit card companies to safely collect and transfer money online. We do not take anything. You can choose to let guests pay this fee or absorb it on their behalf in your account settings. For more on cash funds, visit this page. Note that if you choose to have guests absorb the fee, they will see a “handling fee” when they check out that equates to 2.4% of their cash contribution. Why we recommend this option:
- You’ll receive the cash equivalent of this gift, so you can buy it whenever you wish from the other store’s website and control when you receive it. Or you can spend that cash on anything else you want—it’s your cash!
- You can mark this as a “Group Gift,” so guests can contribute what they wish. For more on group gifting, visit this page.
- If you want, you can convert the cash gifted towards this gift into Zola store credit and receive a 5% bonus. You can spend this credit on any of the 50,000 gifts in our store.
(2) Direct your guests to purchase the gift from the other store’s website: If you select this option, your guests will check out on the other store’s website, not Zola.com, and will not be charged the credit card processing fee mentioned above. We’ll provide the guest with your shipping info that they can enter during the checkout process if they wish. A few important things to keep in mind:
- This gift cannot be marked as a “Group Gift.”
- If a guest buys the gift, it will be shipped directly from the other website and you won't be able to control when you receive the shipment.
- You will not be able to return, exchange, or redeem the cash value of this gift at Zola.
- You cannot use Zola store credit to purchase this gift.